August Random Water Colours and Inks

Just got back from a 10 Day Holiday in Finland and before my departure it was too hot to draw in England (It was even hotter in Finland but I had adapted to the heat by then) so there's been a gap in my production, but here's some of the stuff I managed this month, (I did more but those pictures are part of an incomplete set that I'll probably be posting next week.)

Flowers and Pine Cones: Still Life, water colour and pen. (Sold)

Twisted Dragon: Viking/Nordic/Celtic Style, Water Colour and pen. (Page in an incomplete Picture Book) I'm thinking of doing a set of Illustrations in this style after my current Vintage Sci-fi and Environmental Study Projects.

Tower and Trees: Saw Mill factory from my Holiday Apartment window (Kotka, Finland) Live Water Colour Study.  

Kotka Abstract: Emphasizing the color pallet and shape of the buildings and the red and yellow stones in the granite pavements.

Yellow Orchid: Live Water Colour Study of an orchid, it was falling apart while I drew it and it needed to be held so I put my feet on my balcony wall and held it with my foot. (If you cross out the 'C' in that last sentence it becomes very funny) 


A pen Study of and Onion I did really quickly from imagination when I was given my new sketch book. 

Cloud City: I Originally planned to turn this into a picture of a random person stud in front of a big painting in an art gallery, but I decided to turn it into a window, I guess I just had the urge to use my white pends. I had recently visited the Tsar's old Holiday cabin, which is where I got the pattern above the window from.  


The Picture above was a request for some Steam Punk Characters for Inaminis Orbrem. (Did this before Holiday but didn't want to leave it out.)

My Finnish related projects have hardly started, this is far from the end, it's just taking a while for the inspirational tides to settle, I took some very useful Photographs.

Have a good Week, stay positive, don't commit suicide and look both ways before you cross the road; so many people die in accidents and you might be next.
Leave a comment if you're feeling sad and I'll try and cheer you up, and if you want to make a request I may consider it. :D




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Franklin Expedition

Thomas Jopson 1821-1849